Sunday 15 June 2014

Frogged + Chippy and Fathers Day

So I got 37g (approx 157m) of a Just Knit It shawl done, when I decided to frog it, and cast on a Nettle Tea shawl with that yarn. My reason being the just knit it shawl is knit bottom up and the rows get longer and longer so the strip sequences were basically becoming a muddle of random colour with no real pattern anymore...I think because the nettle tea shawl is knit sideways the stripes may stay a little better, as it gets wider they will become thinner and less defined but I think overall it'll look better than the just knit it. I think I'd still like to make that just with a wider variegated yarn or a semi solid etc...Below is the picture of the just knit it shawl, as you can see the bottom has nice fairly solid definition and as it moves up that gets more and more random.
I finally started the suasages for the sausage and chips the out of school club asked me for...probably better not to photograph them on my brown settee lol but you kinda get the idea. Still a long way to go for these though.
A shout out to all the dads out there...Happy Fathers Day! My son made these cards (well he coloured them I stuck stickers on) for his grandads :) He doesn't see his dad but he coloured a tile magnet and coaster for his grandads too :) as well as some grandad socks :)
I lost my dad 20 years ago this year and today is still a little hard to get through...I just need to try stay busy, but with a bath needed, people to visit and milk to buy I'm gonna have to get out and try keep my mind occupied at least, and then there is always knitting and knitting podcasts to watch. I'm currently watching old knit girllls podcasts as am up to date with most of my watch lists lol mostly lol
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment