Tuesday 24 June 2014

Greenfinch Cowl + Peanut

I cast on the greenfinch cowl last night, and finished it this morning before taking my son to nursery. Designer (Joeli Caparco) says it took her a couple hours but as I'm rubbish at slip stitches it took a little longer, maybe 3 hours (approx, I wasn't timing, just knitting and watching old knit girllls podcasts).
I'm hoping this will be a gift for a biker friend of mine, if he'll wear lime green, and his head isn't too big lol keep him warm under his helmet in the winter months lol it can be pulled up to cover the mouth for extra warmth...
...or pulled down, scrunchy looking.
The slip stitch isn't very visible on photos but can be seen better in person.
What do you guys think...too girly for a guy..?
Been working on the nettle tea shawl some more today, it's defiantly getting bigger, but still a ways to go yet..
And while taking my son to nursery today I saw an awesome sight...Peanut (Jeff Dunhams puppet) in a car window lol not as awesome as Walter (he's my fave) but pretty cool on a cloudy day.
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment