Friday 30 January 2015

Update: snow, wrist, book, yarn diet & firefly

We've had more snow...it seems to be clearing for now...but think we're due more...my son was off school today, they had a snow day as roads were bad early on...so he missed his trip to a play center, I'm sure they'll rearrange it for another day. I however got to be awake from 3:30am (roughly) so I'm rather tired and wished he'd been to school to give me a break.
No new FOs...or much progress lately...had some bad wrist pain and been wearing my splint...so not much knitting been done, got a few rounds done today but not much. Glad I'd done mums second heel before the pain got bad, but means the foot is gonna be slow going unless the pain decides to give me a break...using lots of my cream to help ease it and wearing wrist support when needed.
I started reading a book I got for xmas; the curious incident of the dog in the night-time, I'm really enjoying it...the description and all the small details are great. I look forward to reading more, it's funnier than I imagined it would be, I find myself chuckling out loud at times.
Saw this gnome acres tee on instagram and loved it...some good yarn diet rules lol 4 makes me chuckle...sock yarn is what I have most of and knit slowest so it should really count lol Though other than the yarn my step dad paid for I've made no yarn orders so far this year...from Boxing day in fact. I'm rather proud of myself :) I've been tempted...my have I been tempted, with sales and shop updates it's hard and I find myself looking and wishing...but until I knit a bit more stash I'm trying to control myself, and I think I'm doing rather well :)
I've been rewatching Firefly, one of my favourite shows, and it makes me sad it was cancelled so early. My son is actually sort of named after a character one of the actors played in Buffy...sad but true lol and it's a good name...in my opinion of course, and the actor is mighty fine too :)
In other news, I was cheered to buy lots of lovely meat today, a quick trip out the house to the butchers and I have loads of yum to feast on for a while...When my kitchen is eventual new and shiny and I get a new fridge/freezer...I'm gonna pack it with yummy meat...I'm afraid I could never be a vegetarian, I just don't eat vegetables (well hardly and rarely lol).
There's a local children's art and craft place opening tomorrow so hoping to get to the open day, and if the weather doesn't decide to block us in with snow again, taking my son for a small group session next week :) we have a very busy week ahead so see how things go...especially as think my TV ariel may have slipped/moved or just plain decided to break as can either only get a few channels or none at all..rather annoying! Need to call agents and see if they can get it sorted...The Great British Sewing Bee is back next week and I really wanna record it...loved it last year.
Sorry for all the random but there ya go...will update when there's something new :)
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment