Monday 26 January 2015

1 down, 1 to go...

I did it...after more ripping back, I started the toe decreases too early...thank the Gods for life lines and paranoia lol but I ripped back, added a few more rounds then started the toe again...
I finally cast off the first sock for my mum. I made her come round and try it on before I did the kitchener stitch (grafting) but she did and so now I have...I'm very happy with how it turned out, I just need to get the second one done now...preferably without putting it down for a month half way through. I had to take good notes on my ravelry page for needle changes and things but I did so the second sock should match ok :)
So true...knitting helps relax me, and the feeling of pride when I finish something I struggled with or doubted I could do is brilliant. 
Hope you all had a good day :) mine improved when I didn't mess up the toe grafting and got a finished sock even after the life lines were pulled out...I secretly always worry I missed a stitch and only the life lines are holding my work together lol
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment