Sunday 11 January 2015

The Yarn Harlot! & 2nd christmas!

I've had a lovely couple of days with friends, we had food and fun and exchanged gifts, it was lovely to see them. And so for a change, I actually haven't knit for a couple of days :)
I got a really rather awesome metal dalek, a mug and dalek cozy (hand crocheted by a rather awesome friend), a soot gremlin/sprite bag, lego, a pom pom maker, studs and hand made biscuits :) all was very good and yummy! 
Lego is an astronomer and part of a set of scientists, the others were a chemist with lab (that went to Bekki) and a paleontologist complete with dinosaur skeleton (that went to Calin)...we had such fun building them up and personalizing our people.
The hand made biscuits that look like buttons and burgers...yum!
The metal dalek is made from a screw, nails, bike chain and other everyday metal items from a tool box and I totally love it :)
A mug and crocheted dalek cozy...awesome and homey and very me :)
A pom pom maker to help me with my terrible pom pom skills lol and I've never seen one that looks like this so it's interesting to try a new one too.
Knitting studs...awesome! Enough said.
I've been after a soot gremlin/sprite bag for ages and seen ones like this on etsy for a while...and now I have one...thank you!!! Too cute!
We played with a friends sons air pistol...I didn't do great but since I don't practice much anymore it's understandable. This was my three shot grouping, after one can of cider. 
I bought a book for my friend, for her birthday next month...I was skimming the introduction, and couldn't put it down...it's the first book I've read all the way through since April 2014. I'm sure she won't mind lol
I used to read all the time, every day in fact, for hours at a time...then as I started getting more tired I found I wasn't retaining the information to get through a book without wondering what on earth had happened...I could hardly remember the characters names let alone what had happened. I tried reading old favourites to rekindle my love of reading but nothing made me think, this is it, I'm finishing this book...and I would put them all down again. This book on the other hand I had not intended to read but just see the style of writing and I finished it in a rather short period of time. I loved it, and would like to read more of her books. I shall still be giving it to my friend, I'll even confess to reading it...but I'm just happy a book caught my attention again after so long :)
This is the last paragraph of the introduction, and instead of putting it down, I plowed right on through and finished the book feeling like I'd read the adventures of a friend. I was hoping my writing style would be rather like this book...
Instead I find myself saying to myself, Sarah this is a knitting podcast, the readers don't care if you've had a stressful day, dropped all your stitches (at least that's knitting related), managed to get sprayed by water from an overly powerful freezing cold tap and cried after putting your son to bed in backwards onesie (for reasons they really don't want to know)...So my question to any readers willing to comment is, would you like to know a little more about my life in general, not just my knitting endeavors but the hectic life that consumes me every day with a son who has special needs and a family who sometimes understand, but sometimes don't realise just how difficult it can really be..?
And a little note on my actually knitting lol I've still not done the heel on my second ankle sock and I want to make more socks for Bekki, and my mum wants another pair too (as well as the spiced cocoa mitts lol) and there are lots of other things I want to make too...I need some serious motivation and time to get these things done...
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment