Thursday 8 January 2015

last yarn of 2014 + baby hats

My last yarn order of 2014 has arrived...
All rainbow themed, dyed to order from felt fusion and are awesome, wish I'd ordered more lol They're all super soft and the colours are beautiful, she has a large selection of yarn bases and colours, as well as more rainbow themed colourways :)
Top left: Superwash merino aran in Blackbow
Top right: With a Twist DK in Rainbow
Bottom: Superwash merino aran in Rainbows and Clouds
I've made a couple more charity baby hats, the patterns for these are beamish and quynn form the ebook bambeanies by wooly wormhead
And I needed a break from hats lol made 5 in about a week (though 4 were for babies lol), so I cast on another pair of spiced cocoa mitts. This time I used sock yarn held double so they're smaller (as for a very slight lady), my mums friend was admiring mitts I made for her and so I thought I'd make her some using yarn scraps form deep stash. I say scraps but their was almost a full ball when I started.
It's hard to get the colour to show properly but they're a deep pink, my mum said they're almost burgundy, very rich. They're rather snug on me, so hoping they're a good fit for the recipient :)
Not sure what to work on next, though I should do the heel on my second sock lol
My friends from Stoke are visiting tomorrow, so had a mass reorganize and clean of my bedroom, though there's still more to be gone through and sorted for charity, bin or storage. Had three big charity runs in the past few months and I haven't even started on the majority of my clothes to be gone through lol Lots to do but at least my room will be better, and hopefully my house when I get through it all (eventually lol). Hoping for a good weekend, fresh sheets tonight, friends tomorrow and exchanging christmas gifts on Saturday with some friends :)
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment