Sunday 25 January 2015

Sock progress and spinning

I've been plodding on with mums socks, I've now turned the heel and am working on the foot.
I worked the heel on 2.25mm and am working the foot on 2mm, I'm a little worried about how the yarn might wear faster on the heel...I don't mind too much how it looks (thanks to the advice at the bottom) but I'm just praying it holds up to wear.
I've also done a little spinning, this is fondant fibre BFL, Shetland, merino, silk blend puni in the toast colourway. I pre-drafted it and it was nice to spin, fairly thin but still inconsistent. I got about 4.5 yards from 4g.
A little more spinning, again from fondant fibre, this time a merino/kid mohair/mulberry silk blend, the colourway is my happy place, and I love the mix of colours. I got about 8.5 yards from 12g. Again I pre-drafted and it was a fairly thin spin, but again inconsistent, it's super soft to touch and I'm ok with how it turned out. I know I still need a lot of practice. 
Reading this piece of advance really helped me stop staring at my sock heel...I kept looking and thinking the change was noticeable, but upon reading this, I realised nobody is gonna be looking at my mums heel so close...and if they are it's an odd situation to start with they aren't gonna notice my gauge change lol
I cast on a lace dishcloth...and managed to make a mistake, I tried knitting back a couple rows but failed...so I ripped it out and will have to start again.
Hope you're all having a nice weekend. I really need to go buy bread, but I also really don't want to leave the house, dilemma lol
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment