Monday 11 May 2015

At Knit's End! + ducks, geese and a swan :)

I've recently been reading At Knit's End on my kindle, I love Stephanie Pearl-McPhee books, well of the three I've read. She's funny and conversational so the reading is addictive and genuinely makes me laugh out loud. This quote made me chuckle as my stash is seriously out of hand and I keep ordering more yarn, and at times fibre too lol
A huge congratulations to the bakery bears podcast hosts; Dan and Kay Jones, who in just one month of sales have raised £900 for cancer research by selling the handbrake cowl/scarf pattern. Very well done!
We went to visit the ducks this weekend, and we saw some ducklings, and goslings too, very cute! There was also a rather large and intimidating swan, I'm glad it was in the water rather than chasing us down the path lol
But I digress lol back to; At Knit's End...a magnificent read. It is true that cable needles have a tendency to hide from us but to some (myself included) learning to cable without a cable needle feels a little daunting :)
And so this rather nice looking and practical necklace which is also a cable needle has been invented :) I think it's really nice in it's own right as a pendant before you take into account it's knitting use...and so I've ordered one (as I so often do lol) from the lovely lady who I got my shawl pins off a while back. Which funnily enough I wore one this weekend :) The spiral is nice and easy to insert, I was however finding it difficult to get the infinity one in and look nice...ahh well my brain will figure it out eventually, or it'll be gifted haha I can always get another pretty spiral one incase I need a second lol
This weekend I was going to a formal occasion and so I thought taking my knitting, or indeed my kindle would be inappropriate...When my son was out of the church within 15mins (he was being a little distracting) and I was sat bored while he played on his new Go Go Thomas app, I found myself wishing I'd including something to keep me entertained lol
Hope you all enjoyed my love of this book, and I really hope you give reading it a go as I found it highly entertaining and a joy to chuckle along to, as well as giving bits of sage advice for the sanity of knitters every where lol
Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment