Friday 29 May 2015

Barley hat

I finally got around to making myself a hat that matches my spiced cocoa mitts. This is the barley hat by tincan knits and is knit in babylonglegs sw merino aran in the crushed candy colourway (I think, I bought it a couple years ago, it'll be on my ravelry somewhere though) on 4mm needles.
My son has a seriously limited diet and people say, don't let him eat those things and he'll soon eat when he's hungry, but he won't, he'd rather starve. He has sensory issues and it is possible that with food more than one sense is the problem; texture, taste, temperature, colour, shape, size and smell can all be issues, and seeing as taste is about 80% smell that can be a major one. Not just for autistic people but everyone. I myself am a very fussy eater and texture and taste are big ones, sometimes something smells yummy but the texture puts me off. So please try to be understanding when you see someone struggling with food as you don't know what the issue might be.
In other knitting news, I've cast on another milo, the deadline for milo May has been extended due to the late release of the milo bambino pattern, which has new cables in and is sized for preemie and tiny babies in 4ply yarn.
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment