Thursday 14 May 2015

Chewing, Tattoos and Sock Club!

My son has autism, he has sensory issues; one thing he does a lot of is chewing, everything, from toys to clothing...this is one of his school shirts, as you can see it's rather holey, his jumpers have holey sleeves and his coat is wet through everyday from chewing it (as well as his clothing). It can be frustrating at times, he's literally chewed buttons off clothing before, but I thought it was something to share incase anyone else has the same problem and wondered if they're alone. I kept thinking I was but know there are others who feel like I did, and have to admit, still do sometimes. Good luck!
I got my Calcifer (from Howl's Moving Castle) tattoo today, he's so cute and a great shape for the space I had to fill, and took half the time anticipated :) even managed to sneakily book in for another in the summer. 
While getting tattooed also got the outline of the big bang theory logo and Ponyo fixed too as needed a touch up after it lost some ink during healing. 
Happy mail day! My final sock club shipment form countess ablaze arrived, it's super vibrant and should definitely be interesting to knit with :)
You can see all the different areas of dye and how some are more subtle than other areas so I think the over all effect will be crazy interesting together. It's on her BFL/nylon base 425m/100g and I would certainly recommend the club to anyone thinking of signing up next time, all the colours have been really different and complete surprise on arrival.
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment