Thursday 2 January 2014

Baby vest finished :)

It took two days of a lot of knitting but I cast of the Milo today :) (pattern linked in previous post).
I did the The Stretchy Yarnover Bind-Off so it has plenty of give :) (tutorial linked).
I admit I made a couple small mistakes, but I'm comfortable giving it to my cousin for the baby :)
It's really hard to see the cable owl design :( just coz the yarn dark so photographing it is difficult, but I assure you it is super cute and I love it :)
I made size 3 months which is 16" chest (the bottom is slightly wider due to the stretchy cast off) but the main body is 16" around. Mine is slightly shorter than the pattern advices as I ran out of yarn. That is why I only did one cable rather than a repeat as I knew I'd run out of yarn. With the cable repeated it would have been longer as there would also be the garter stitch bottom (though that would be shorter than I did lol).
If this or the little fuchsia were knitted longer they could in fact make baby dresses which would be rather cute :)
Happy crafting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment