Monday 13 January 2014

New crafty books

I got a book token for my birthday :) so been spending, plus I treated myself to some books on offer :)
The first is 100 Snowflakes to Crochet. I'd seen it a while ago and was interested but didn't have the funds at the time, so it was the perfect opportunity to buy it with my birthday token :)
I've had a little go at one of the snowflakes (Noreaster III) but I ran out of yarn as I was about to start the last round (I was just using scrap while out of the house)...looks kinda like a flower for now lol
I will make some more though, may use some to decorate the 8" KAS charity blanket squares. Which I finally picked up again (after a bit of a break), I'm just over half way through a rather random colour changed one in aran scraps.
I also got some books on offer, the first being Knitted Farm Animals, think some of these would be nice for baby gifts :) If I get round to them lol and I know my friend will love the cow pattern lol
The last knitting related one is Crafty Creatures, yet another Jane Bull book for my collection lol I know it's for kids but I find some of the ideas really cute. Not all the projects are knitted, some use felt and other materials. I think as my little man gets older some of the projects may be nice for use to make :) and I know my niece would love this book :)
I also bought Craft Techniques and Projects from W.H Smiths for the bargain price of £5, go grab it while it's still on offer :) This book has lots of different craft ideas such as bead work, glass work and soap crafts...bits of everything.
I have far too many crafty things I'd like to make, but as always I will upload my projects as and when I get them done :)
Happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment