Sunday 12 January 2014

My first Hexagon

An old collage friend of mine is now a professional photographer, she and her sister own their own studio White Door Photography in Blackburn.
I've been asked to make an accessories for the new baby (0-2 weeks) shoots, a turtle shell and hat. The hat is easy enough to make just small, the shell would involve making 7 hexagons (which I've never made before), and attaching them together into a basic shell shape.
I've figured out how to make a basic hexagon (practiced in beige), the problem is finding the right colour of yarn. It needs to be a kind of sage green, my local yarn store does dark greens or baby mint greens in DK but only does a sage type green in the 400g balls of aran - obviously I don't need that much yarn for this small project, so not sure what we're going to do.
However, that part doesn't matter for the blog, I just wanted to show my first hexagon (sorry the ends aren't weaved in). So there would be one of these in the middle, with one attached to either side. Preferably in sage green with brown edges :) cute!
Happy crafting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment