Thursday 2 January 2014

Surprise knit photo

Forgot to post a photo of the completed, and now given surprise knit :)
As you can see they were hand warmers or as I call these ones fingerless mitts :) Made for my friend Lariath with Babylonglegs 100% merino sock yarn in the Yoda colour way :)
(If she's feeling nice she may post a photo of her wearing them in the comments :) Hope she likes them as much as I do, even my mum tried stealing these lo)
Love Babylonglegs yarns so much, just with this hadn't needed 2mm needles. Her sock yarn does recommend  2-3mm needles but I'm a slack knitter so tried 2.5mm and was too loose so needed the 2mm, though even with 2mm it's be too loose to knit actual socks, I'd need to go to a 1.75mm or 1.5mm and my hands and joints really couldn't take that :) the other sock yarn I bought from her will probably become more of these (or held double for something), though the semi precious I ordered ages ago has always been intended to be a shawl for myself :)

4 comments:

  1. I love them! I can't put a pic in the comments so I will mention you in my next blog and link it to here :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://lariath.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/quick-post-of-thanks.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome :) glad you liked them :) hope they aren't too big x

      Delete