Sunday 19 January 2014

Turtle shell and hat

A friend of mine from collage owns her own photography studio, she asked me to make a green hat and a turtle shell for newborn (0-2 weeks) photo shoots...here is the outcome:
I finished the shell first, I crocheted 7 hexagons and then joined them together (rather than joining as I went). It was a bit fiddly I have to admit but I am happy with the finished product.
Then I started crocheting the hat, I wasn't happy with it, so I frogged it and cast on knitting with 4mm needles (DPNs). I used the Baby Sheep hat pattern for sizing and think this should be ok, it's just over 12" with a little stretch *fingers crossed it fits all the babies heads* lol
(I like the yarn, though it is hand wash.)
Look forward to seeing professional images of it in use :)
I've also done an 8" square for Knit A Square charity, a bit of the double chunky shawl and a couple rows of the cream scarf that seems to never grow lol
Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment