Sunday 5 January 2014

Baby vest_yellow

I've a friend (as well as a cousin) expecting. She can knit herself but thought I'd make one of these adorable Milo vests (size 3 months, approx 16" chest) for her bump to be baby :) she's having a girl as far as the scan shows :) She's decided on pinks, purples, yellows, creams etc. so I used some yellow from my stash, afraid I have no idea how long I've had it but yarn is tivoli DK yarn (according to the internet it's been discontinued). I'm not sure if it was bought or gifted if am honest but it was good for this project, easy to use and took a bit over half the ball. I chose the giant cables pattern for the front instead of the owl.
Loving knitting these, am also on a brown one for my son (21" chest) and doing the giant cable too, was going to use the owl but thought this one is a bit easier for me to do and really need to practice keeping my stitches tight when switch between knit and purl stitches.
Hope my friend likes it :) My cousin is meant to be coming for the little green in the week :) hope she likes hers to :)
Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment