Saturday 25 January 2014

Update

I seem to have been a bit rubbish at crafting lately, only been doing a small amount a day so don't have much progress...
I finished the crochet hat for my son, he's not as keen on it as his bright multi-coloured hat (that was from his left over socks), this one is brown and beige so less fun apparently lol but he tried it on and it fits. I seem to be struggling with crochet hats right now, I haven't kept doing them so the skill is trying to abandon me, need more practice again but I'm enjoying knitting a lot more now that I can do it without being in agony. I decided I preferred crochet because I wasn't in as much pain but now I've learnt to knit with DPNs and circs I'm in now where near the same amount of pain...and I don't get as bored with my projects as they seem to grow quicker (in most cases lol) straight needles make my joints ache sooner and so I now have loads and I don't like them lol
I cast on a little animal toy thing lol and I've done the body and head, trying to decide if I need to add arms and legs or a tail or something, or leave it as is...not sure yet. It's kinda cute though :) knitting on DPNs in the round, ears stitched flat at cast off edge and star eyes added, stuffed and crocheted closed at cast on edge. Weaved same yarn through and pulled to bring in the neck shape and added some yarn as a scarf/bow or whatever so not so bare looking.
I've done some work on the cream scarf, it's now 4" wide and 340 stitches long lol I get bored of it quickly and it'd kinda awkward to knit sometimes but it's growing (very) slowly but surely lol
Don't think I've worked on anything else, though I have been asked to make a Totoro hat for someone. 
Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment