Wednesday 8 January 2014

Leaves and some plans

Been to my craft group today, was very good, I've missed everyone, and cheekily asked if anyone can pick me up from my sons therapy so I can go again next week (usually I have what I call waiting around Wednesday while he's in, as by the time I've walked home I've hardly any time before I'm setting off back and in the miserable weather I really don't want to be doing that, so I sit in a waiting room for 2.5 hours and knit or read and eat lol).
There's a local project asking for knit or crocheted leaves, I found out about it at my local knit and natter group, so I've made a few :) Think it's for some sort of enchanted forest thing but not 100% I'll try to remember to ask Melinda when we next meet :)

Made using scraps of yarn I crocheted these very basic leaves from Crochet: Step by Step. I'll probably make a few more out of random coloured scraps as and when I have a few minutes to spare. They don't take long to make, you chain then work up the stem, do one side of the leaf then work in the back of the stitches to work down the other side of the leaf. I've left the tails on as I wasn't sure if they were needed to hang them up or not, if not I'll weave in the ends. They could do with flattening but only did them today and I'm lazy lol
I know I need to get on with the cream scarf, I keep shouting at myself but just can't get motivated to knit in such long, straight lines...I know it's bad of me :)
My sons brown Milo is coming along well :) my cables aren't great, but I'm trying, which is something that this time last year I'd have avoided like the plague lol
That's all I have on the needles at the moment. I'd like to wind my Caped Crusader aran skeins into balls so I can start my fingerless mitts but just haven't gotten round to it yet, I'd also like to do some more charity 8" squares for Knit-a-Square soon, my friend has done one to send off too with her scraps :)
Happy crafting! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment